I am back to drinking the Green Smoothie. I do this whenever I feel that I need a healthy jumpstart. I know everyone is drinking them – and they are totally a “thing” now. But, I don’t care, so here’s to adding one more recipe to the list of smoothie recipes.
But, I also have the best tip in the book – so don’t write this one off yet!
I adapted my “Simple Everyday Green Smoothie” recipe from the THE Green Smoothie Bible. I read the book The Beauty Detox Solution a few years ago, and it changed the way I think about Green Smoothies. No, I am not vegan, and I don’t buy most of what Kimberly writes about. But, her recipe for the Glowing Green Smoothie is fabulous! (It is a great read.)
- I want the prep in the morning to be SUPER easy.
- I want to love the taste.
- I want the ingredients to be NORMAL ingredients.
- I want it to be non-grain, non-dairy. This is just my personal opinion. If I drink something this “different” for breakfast, I want pure fruits and veggies. I get enough grains and dairy during the day!
Here’s the tip that will change your view of the Green Smoothie. Buy the bags of pre-washed Spinach and Romaine lettuce, and as soon as you get home from the grocery store, chuck them in the freezer. This keeps your greens ALWAYS fresh, and your freezer always stocked. No more wilted greens! I have two bags in there now – and I am not afraid of them going bad! GENIUS.
I also freeze a bunch of bananas (peeled and broken in half), which means I always have a ready supply!
My favorite Smoothie Equipment
THE SIMPLE EVERYDAY GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This makes one smoothie.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 handfuls of Spinach
- 1-2 handfuls of Romaine Lettuce
- 1-2 apples, chopped
- 1 banana, broken in half
- (optional: lemon juice)
- Add the water to your blender first. If you add it afterwards, it doesn’t blend as well.
- Add your greens and blend.
- Top with your fruits and blend. Sometimes I add the lemon juice.
When I drink this in the morning, I immediately notice SEVERAL things. One, I don’t need coffee. Two, I immediately feel energy – and my eyes feel very “awake”. Three, my body is very “regular” throughout the day (you know what I mean…).
And, it doesn’t hurt that my skin looks lighter and brighter. No joke.
See all My Smoothie Recipes Here: