I iron about once a year. If that. Both my husband and I wear items that should be ironed – but we are pretty lazy and have developed some tried and true tips to iron clothes without an iron. If you have a tip you want to share, make sure you leave a comment! I’d love to be able to add this list!
Downy Wrinkle Releaser
Use your Hair Straightener
Secondly, I use my hair straightener for touch-ups. Most of the time, my clothes are wrinkled mostly on the hem. I heat up my hair straightener, and run it along the hem (or a pocket, or a sleeve). This is perfect for those clothes that roll up at the bottom! (This is also great when you travel and need to touch something up.)
How to wash clothes
This leads me to my next point – something my husband also taught me. Wash all your dress clothes (that need-to-be-ironed) in the same load. He has a separate hamper just for his dress clothes, and they get their own separate load. Then, when they are done in the dryer, you RUN to the dryer and IMMEDIATELY hang them up. I mean RUN. When we hear the dryer beep, we sprint down the hallway, grab them, and within 30 seconds they are on hangers. If they stay in the dryer for a hair too long – the wrinkles set in. Try it. And you get some exercise. And it’s fun :).
Let’s talk steamers. I don’t have one, but in the future I might be tempted to get one. People swear by them, and if you have a ton of gorgeous need-to-be-ironed Banana Republic blouses, this is probably a good investment! This Steamfast steamer is the top one on Amazon – and is under $70. Even though I don’t have a steamer, I do hang my clothes up in my bathroom while I shower. It’s not really intentional – I do this every night so I don’t wake my husband up in the morning. But, letting my clothes steam off in my steamy bathroom really works. It’s also great for when I am on a trip and need a wrinkle-free item.
Lastly, this is a bonus tip for if you have to iron. I mean – if it is necessary. My mother taught me this. In the morning, warm up your iron beside your bed. Fold down the covers, and iron your item right on the sheets. Go fast – and even the sheets won’t get too hot. It’s fast, easy, and doesn’t require the ironing board. Again, don’t go slow or you might burn your sheets. But, it’s super easy when you need an ironed shirt within the hour!
Read My Other Wardrobe Posts Here
- The best money making apps for extra cash TODAY
- Interview with Work from Home Mom: STUNNING Hand Lettered Christmas Gifts from Grain + Dot
- Le Tote Maternity Review – Try it for free today!
- How to Have the Best Maternity Leave – Before Going Back to Work After Baby
- How to be Productive at Home – The Best Productivity Planners for Busy Moms
- How to Clean your Kitchen in 10 minutes – 5 easy hacks
- Working from Home with Kids – How to Survive and Have a Life
- 10 Brilliant Hacks for Tired Working Moms (updated 2019)
- Encouragement for the Work-at-Home Mom
- 5 Reasons to be a Work-at-home Mom: Why I’ll never go back
My Favorite Work from Home Lifesavers
- 📔 Remember your family's memories with only one minute a day
- 👜 Stay professional with the ultimate mom bag
- 🖍️ Entertain your kids with educational toys that you don't have to figure out
- 👗 Let a professional dress you and stop trying to figure out fashion
- 💸 Scan your grocery receipts for extra cash!