I’ve been working out EVERY DAY for the last 2 1/2 weeks, people! I am so excited that I finally have a workout system, and it really is all because of accountability.
My sister-in-law and I have started Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred and individually do the video every morning. When we are done, we each text each other and check in. It’s that simple! It only requires one text, and both of us are terrified to be the first to wimp out and not come through.
In the past, having accountability is the ONLY way I’ve been consistent. Here are some ways I’ve found that force me to work out!
(Here are my other workout and fitness posts: Daily Workout Ideas | My Workout Philosophy)
1. Have a gym partner >> This might be a friend – or even a nice stranger – that will be your plague if you don’t show up. All it takes is exchanging of phone numbers and one text to give the guilt treatment :).
2. Be Fitbit buddies >> I have three close friends and we all have Fitbit Zips and compete with our steps. Just the simple accountability of seeing each other’s progress gives us incentive.
3. Join a weekly class >> My favorite workouts are Pilates and Zumba classes at a church nearby. For years I went to these weekly, and really loved the group atmosphere. Pay for a class and you won’t skip it!
4. Just text >> I am telling you, texting has been the easiest way to keep up the accountability. It’s a fun way for me be FORCED into working out every morning :).
5. Join a fitness program like Daily Burn >> I used up my 30 day trial with Daily Burn and LOVED their workout plan! I am cheap now and don’t want to pay, but it seriously is an awesome system! They create a weekly plan for you and vary up the workouts every day. This wasn’t accountability with a person, but the plan definitely gave me the sense of accountability.
Are you inherently awesome or do you need accountability? Pass along your favorite accountability ideas!