I love a good Valentine’s Day dessert – and I love cheesecake. But, if I am going to have cheesecake on Valentine’s Day, it better have chocolate in it! I found this recipe last year and have made it several times since then. The proportions are perfect. The chocolate, a perfect balance to the cheesecake. And, it is so simple to make!
I know it is late posting a Valentine’s Day dessert, but if you need a last minute dessert, this one’s for you! (Sorry for the horrible photo!)
- Brownie Layer
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 4 oz (Baker's or Ghirardelli) Bittersweet Chocolate Broken Into Pieces
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Cheesecake Layer
- 2¼ cups Cream Cheese room temperature
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in pan over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove form heat and beat in sugar. Leave to cool 5 minutes stir constantly.
- Add eggs and milk to the chocolate mixture, beating on medium speed.
- Stir in the flour, mixing just until blended. Spoon into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven while preparing the cheesecake layer.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325.
- In a mixing bow beat together all the ingredient, making sure there are no cheese lumps then pour over brownie base.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run a knife around edge of cake to loosen from pan.
- Let cool before removing form pan.
- Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight before cutting into slices.
- Melt some chocolate chips with a bit of butter and drizzle on top!
Recipe adapted from this website.