My Grandparent Journal
Here is a simple, super sweet idea for you! When I young, my mother created a sweet idea for me and my grandmother. She bought a journal for me and my grandmother to mail back and forth.
We both write in it for several pages, and oftentimes I ask tons of questions – about her growing up abroad, her family, her marriage, etc. She writes back memories and stories that are now documented on paper. We still do this – and exchange the journal about twice a year. We’ve been doing this for FOURTEEN years! I always tell my husband that if there is a fire in the house, this is something we are saving!
She is my last living grandparent, and I am so thankful for this journal that keeps her stories alive and in my heart.
This is a precious idea to cultivate a relationship between your child and grandparent – especially if they don’t live nearby. This child’s Grandparent Journal is a super easy gift – and is one that will last forever.
Other DIY Ideas
- DIY Child’s Grandparent Journal
- How to clean and use empty Yankee Candle Jars
- The 3rd Day of Christmas: DIY Favor Bags
- DIY Deep Cleaning Detox Shampoo
- DIY Framed Map Art
- The Five Minute Facial
- The Best Body Scrub
- How to make gorgeous tea towels from your family’s recipe cards – excellent mother’s day gift!
- Pretty Things in my Kitchen
- For all those printed recipes…