My Grandparent Journal
Here is a simple, super sweet idea for you! When I young, my mother created a sweet idea for me and my grandmother. She bought a journal for me and my grandmother to mail back and forth.
We both write in it for several pages, and oftentimes I ask tons of questions – about her growing up abroad, her family, her marriage, etc. She writes back memories and stories that are now documented on paper. We still do this – and exchange the journal about twice a year. We’ve been doing this for FOURTEEN years! I always tell my husband that if there is a fire in the house, this is something we are saving!
She is my last living grandparent, and I am so thankful for this journal that keeps her stories alive and in my heart.
This is a precious idea to cultivate a relationship between your child and grandparent – especially if they don’t live nearby. This child’s Grandparent Journal is a super easy gift – and is one that will last forever.
Other DIY Ideas
- How to be Productive at Home – Realistic Hacks for Busy Moms
- How to Clean your Kitchen in 10 minutes – 5 easy hacks
- How to Work at Home with Kids – Tips When Nothing Else Works
- Top 10 Time-Saving Products for Busy Moms (updated 2019)
- Encouragement for the Work-at-Home Mom
- 5 Reasons to be a Work-at-home Mom: Why I’ll never go back
- My 8 Summer Must Haves You Must Try!
- 5 Easy Ways to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
- The Most Accurate Hospital Bag Checklist – From Many Hospital Stays
- Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe – Pizza in less than 30 minutes