Here is the scenario: It is late. You are tired. And your husband needs dessert. A chocolate dessert. What do you do?
Anyone been there? *Raises Hand*
I have been in this predicament too many times. And – some days it is me that just wants a gooey chocolate fix right now. Without driving through the donut drive-through. (Also been there.)
In times like these, you need the most wonderful dessert that involves no baking, no fancy ingredients – in only a few minutes. I usually always have these ingredients on hand, and can whip up this dessert in under 10 minutes.
Also – the peanut butter mixture tastes JUST like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. So – if you even just want a Reese’s fix – you know where to go. You might eat the whole bowl of the peanut butter mixture before you even spread it in the pan!
Excited? Here it is – the best dessert ever. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
Make sure you check who has tried these bars! There are several great reviews on Pinterest.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 7 Tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 10 oz Chocolate Chips
- Melt 6 tablespoons of the butter and the peanut butter in the microwave (about 1 minute) until smooth.
- Add confectioners sugar.
- Mix and spread in bottom of 9×9 pan.
- Melt remaining butter (1 Tablespoon) and chocolate chips on the stovetop until melted. (I used to do this step in the microwave, but it resulted in a lot of burned chocolate. And that tastes bad.)
- Mix and spread on top of peanut butter mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until hard. Cut or break into pieces and enjoy!