I have mentioned before that my wildcard for dinner ideas is always meat. I am always worried about how much I have on hand – or how far can it stretch.
I shop on a small budget, and some nights I don’t have any meat available, but need a hearty man-approved meal. What do I do? I reach for always-available supply of deli meat and go to town! Here are my top five ways to cook using just deli meat!
Dinner Ideas with Lunchmeat: The Panini
My Easy Panini is a lifesaver. And somehow, we never get tired of it! Perfect for when you have no meat – and no time!
Dinner Ideas with Lunchmeat: The Stuffed Pepper
If you want to be a little more on the healthy side – stuff a big pepper and throw in your deli meat! My formula for a stuffed pepper works with any kind of deli meat – or as a vegetarian meal if you need to cut meat altogether! (See the video here!)
Dinner Ideas with Lunchmeat: The Pasta Salad
I haven’t yet posted my Pasta Salad Formula (yes it is a formula!) but it goes something like this:
- Boil pasta
- Add vegetables, any meat (deli meat!), salad dressing and cheese
Yes, it’s that easy.
Dinner Ideas with Lunchmeat: The Mexican Pizza
My Mexican Pizza Favorite is good with no meat – with taco chicken or beef – or with a handful of chopped chicken deli meat. (I don’t know if I would try it with Roast Beef…!)
Dinner Ideas with Lunchmeat: The Omelet
Again, this is not yet on my blog – but it is another easy formula! Check out this fabulous recipe that uses ham deli meat for a fabulous omelet!
Want to know my favorite deli meat?
If I can’t get deli meat at the meat counter (Hello Boar’s Head!) I opt for Hormel Natural Choice or Applegate. Love both!
Other Favorite Kitchen Shortcuts:
- 5 Easy Ways to Eat More Fruits & Vegetables
- Trader Joes EASY Chicken Soup (6 servings, 5 ingredients)
- Orange Julius Breakfast Smoothie #madewithchobani
- Homemade Pizza in less than 30 minutes
- My Daily High Protein Smoothie
- Easy Shredded Chicken For the Week
- One Pan Meal: Dinner for 2 with 4 ingredients
- Everyday Stuffed Peppers (with an easy step by step video!)
- The World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Homemade Falafel