It’s been awhile since I wrote a Come Research with Me post – and so I decided to share my recent research that I did for my husband!
My husband is a good dresser. He always has been. I think he once spent a thousand dollars at Land’s End and it has lasted him about ten years. Not joking. This man knows his clothes.
But lately I have wanted him to upgrade his jeans. His jeans weren’t bad, just a little old. We aren’t getting any younger, and I wanted to spruce up his wardrobe. Of course, being the student of What Not To Wear that I am, I wanted to stick with straight and dark jeans. None of this light-washed bagginess for us! I did the research and we braved the mall. My husband is not much of a lover of trying on clothes in dressing room. Who is? But, he did it just for me and man we scored big! This is what we found! I hope this can help you get your man some nice jeans!
(For all my research and thoughts on jeans for you, check out my Jeans 101 post!)
- Wash: Dark wash
- Syle: Bootcut or Straight
- Quality: Better than Target – not as nice as Seven for All Mankind
- Price: Under $100
- Other: No holes, not a lot of distressing
American Eagle Original Boot Jean
- Great cut and wash
- Only $39.95
- Real-life: Just didn’t fit right. We decided we this bootcut was too baggy.
American Eagle Bootcut Jean
- We liked the Medium Broken In Wash better than the Dark
- Still only $39.95!
- Real-Life: These jeans still didn’t fit right. The bootcut still seemed too baggy.
Banana Republic Boot-cut Indigo Jeans
- Great look – but I was worried these would be too dark.
- $89.50 – a good price for Banana Republic
- Real-Life: I really wanted to try these on. They were out of stock.
Abercrombie and Fitch Boot Jeans
- These were the right wash and style
- On sale for $39!
- Real-Life: We didn’t make it to A&F – we found the perfect pair at Express first.
Express Kingston Classic Fit Boot Cut
- Great wash and look
- Real-Life: These were still baggy. I figured we needed “Slim Cut Bootcut”. Do they make that?
Express Rocco Slim Fit Boot Cut
- We decided we loved this lightly-distressed look much better than the one-color dark wash.
- $79.90 (But get second pair 50%)
- Real-Life: These were perfect! We loved the slim fit boot cut – and they were perfect! Score.
My husband looks amazing in these! He has worn them non-stop and confesses that he loves them much more than his older favorite pair. Note: He did get them altered to take in the waist. Remember you can always alter your jeans to make a good pair the perfect pair!
This page has affiliate links.