1. I had an encounter with my hero. I was in the same room as Hugh Laurie. I still can’t believe this fact. If you haven’t heard him sing, here is a little treat for you!
And my absolute favorite:
2. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I have known so many women who have fought this battle – and I just want to take a moment to address what is so often overlooked in our society and social media. Amid all the pink and ribbons and tacky bumper stickers, the truth is that cancer is terrifying. I would hate it if our love of mainstreaming “awareness months” takes away from the seriousness of it all. Please spend a few minutes paging through these chilling photographs taken by a man documenting his wife’s breast cancer. It makes me want to cry. His website is The Battle We Didn’t Choose and photos are linked here at Viralnova.
3. I made the most awesome dinner last night. I can’t stop thinking about it. It was a variation of my One-Pan Meal, but I used potatoes, carrots, green beans, and turkey meatballs. I used some broth and it made this to-die for gravy. I can’t stop thinking about it. Is that sad? I will post the recipe soon!
4. I bought my 2014 planner and I am so excited! I was going to wait to tell you until I could write a real review, but I can’t wait. I bought it from Plum Paper Designs and am excited about it being a good alternative to Erin Condren. I will write a review soon!
5. Did you see my new sponsors on the sidebar? I am super excited to welcome Jen with Whimsy At Heart and Danielle with This Life I Live. They both are women I admire a LOT, and I was ecstatic when they won my Facebook-Only Giveaway.
Jen is a researcher – just like me! Today she posted her Christmas Shopping Organization Tips. Ladies and Gentlemen, these are gold! Check them out to get prepared for Christmas!
Danielle at This Life I Live is a real-life friend that actually hired me for my first post-college job! She write about her adoption story and recent move to Bangkok. She is taking part in the 31 Day October project and is writing on Spiritual Growth, Intentionally. Today she wrote a post called “You Don’t Have to be More” which really spoke to my heart!
Have a wonderful Friday!