This post joins the 12 Days of Christmas series. Read them all here!
- The 1st Day of Christmas: Christmas Card Tips
- The 2nd Day of Christmas: Easy Decorating Tips
- The 3rd Day of Christmas: DIY Favor Bags
- The 4th Day of Christmas: Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- The 5th Day of Christmas: The Christmas Story As You Have Never Heard It
- The 6th Day of Christmas: Start an Ornament Tradition
- The 7th Day of Christmas: Easy Christmas Organization
- The 8th Day of Christmas: Last-Minute Gift Tips
- The 9th Day of Christmas: Giving Back and Compassion Opportunities
- The 10th Day of Christmas: Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- The 11th Day of Christmas: A Few Christmas Favorites
- The 12th Day of Christmas: Merry Christmas!
Last year I was introduced to the concept of Hot Chocolate on a Stick.
I was helping plan a baby shower and we decided to do a Hot Chocolate Bar (with inspiration from this site!) and I was blown away by the idea of Hot Chocolate on a Stick. Have you heard about it? These little sticks of chocolate, when dissolved in hot milk, create the most luscious and decadent hot chocolate. Ever.
A few weeks later I made two more batches to give to our family members on our annual “Christmas Eve Eve” party (a wonderful tradition!). People still talk about it. Y’all. This creation is the best.
Here is what you can do with it! Hot Chocolate on a Stick is perfect for:
- Teacher Gifts
- Christmas Presents
- Party Favors
- Hot Chocolate Bar Awesomeness
- Christmas Day Treats
The recipe I am sharing is taken from That’s What Che Said – and I give her full credit!
HOT CHOCOLATE ON A STICK
- 1 cup milk chocolate, shaved or in chips
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate, shaved or in chips
- 3/4 cup (4 oz. bar) of unsweetened chocolate, shaved
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 25 lollipop sticks (or mini-skewers)
- aluminum foil
- cooking spray
- Large Marshmallows
- Start off by lining a 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil and then also spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Place all chocolate in a large heat-safe bowl.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and the cream in a small saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until it reaches a simmer. (It will scorch very easily so make sure to keep stirring!)
- Once it simmers, pour on the chocolate and let sit for a minute to soften the chocolate. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into your pan and let set overnight or about 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once set, slice in 25 pieces. Cutting Tip: Heat a knife in warm water and then dry. Cut a slice, wipe knife clean and repeat the heating. This will give you clean cuts on your chocolate cubes.
Insert a lollipop stick into a large marshmallow and then into your chocolate cube! I bought cellophane bags to wrap each of my sticks in!
Full Recipe Credit Goes to That’s What Che Said
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PRINTABLE TAGS HERE!