Every year we have both of our families over for brunch on Mother’s Day. We love this tradition – and our mothers especially love the treat of not cooking! My menu is very standard every year:
- Breakfast Casserole
- Cinnamon Buns
- Fruit Salad
- Coffee and Orange Juice
Here is my favorite Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole recipe. It is always a show-stopper. You can adjust it depending how much your slow cooker holds.
I have this 6 Quart Crock Pot Slow Cooker (my absolute favorite!) and this fits my crock pot just perfectly. Be careful to add more bread – because this casserole expands!
I usually through this together before we head to church – and by the time all the mothers come over – breakfast is served!
- 1 ½ pound Italian Pork Sausage
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread
- 3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups milk
- 2 t. dry mustard
- 2 t. salt
- pepper to taste
- Heat skillet on medium high and brown sausage.
- Remove sausage and drain grease on plate covered in paper towels. Crumble into smaller pieces.
- Place bread in well-buttered crock pot.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (but not the sausage) and pour over bread and cheese.
- Crumble sausage over the top.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours. Check occasionally to keep from getting dry. Enjoy!