It’s kind of ironic that I am creating a menu plan.
One, I don’t like a structured meal plan. I even have written a series called “How to Not Menu Plan” (you can read part 1 and part 2 here). This is an embarrassing confession for someone who wants to write a menu plan…
Two, menu plan posts are a dime a dozen! They are everywhere. Who am I to think I could come up with something better and unique?
Three, where do I start? Do I work with coupons and sales? Do I count calories? Do I include kids? Do I include desserts? Do I just include my favorite recipes? Do I just focus on tips and tricks? I truly needed someone to talk this over with me.
Enter Jess from Operation Skinny Jeans. This girl has an awesome fitness and health blog and is a Beachbody Coach. She recently complained about the lack of good menu plans, and that sealed the deal. We talked. We planned. And in less than two weeks, The “No Plan” Menu Plan was born!
Jess and I quickly decided to give our readers the most unique menu plan out there. We wanted a solution to all the problems saw. We wanted to provide a simple, empowering system – not a thousand rules.
So we’ve been testing out the WEEK 1 recipes – and they are amazing! There is a huge variety among the 5 dinners – but each is SUPER simple. An amazing homemade salsa is your base this week – and every dish is so good! Enjoy!
Dinner 1: Grilled Flank Steak with Black Bean Salsa
Dinner 2: Mexican Melt Over Rice
Dinner 3: Chicken and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
Dinner 4: Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Pitas
Dinner 5: Simple Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry
Scroll down to download the free menu plan or…
…get these emailed to you every week FOR FREE! Every Thursday I will email your meal plan to you – so you don’t need to remember anything! Each week comes complete with a printable grocery list and set of recipes! Yay for making life more simple.
I am so excited about this meal plan.
- Each week includes a maximum of 20 ingredients. That’s right. You receive a grocery list of no more than 20 ingredients. This provides you with a budget-friendly grocery list, no matter where you shop.
- The plan only includes 5 dinner recipes. This allows you the flexibility to mix and match them according to your schedule. They are not assigned to days of the week.
- Each recipe is categorized by one of 4 cook times. It will either be a 10 minute recipe, 30 minute recipe, an hour recipe, or slow cooker recipe. You choose according to how much time you have.
- Each recipe includes 3 complete food groups: protein, grain and vegetable. Healthy – without counting calories.
- Each recipe is for 2 servings – aimed at young couples who need a fast dinner option. Families can multiply the ingredients.
- Each week will give you the instructions for 1 Prep Day. By prepping a few ingredients the weekend before, your cook time each day will be drastically shortened.
A few more things…
- Many recipes include substitutions for the kinds of meat used (and many include the option to be meatless).
- Many recipes will show the optional ingredients. You can adjust according to your taste.
- Each week, menu plans will be posted on Thursday, giving you Friday and the weekend for shopping + your Prep Day.
- Each week will be self-contained with full recipes included. You just need to print one page, and use it all week.
- Each week will include multiple time-saving tips – to help you in the long-run!