I am so excited about this weekly meal plan! Week 2 Meal Plan has the best pulled pork and baked potato bar! Basically, think of these recipes as pure comfort food. From Slow Cooker Chili to my FAVORITE Black Bean Burgers – this week will bring you the easiest YUMMIEST meals!
What I love about this week is that you can double up on so many things. Your shredded pork will be for two meals. Your chili will be use twice. It’s all about cooking SMART, y’all. Make sure you leave a comment with your favorite recipes!
Here’s what included with this weekly meal plan!
Dinner 1: Shredded Pork Tacos
Dinner 2: Slow Cooker Chili (Also can be a 30 minute meal)
Dinner 3: Barbeque Pork on Buns
Dinner 4: Baked Potato Bar
Dinner 5: Black Bean Burgers
This week we’ve done the shredded port tacos and baked potatoes! This has been super helpful in planning out meals, especially since I’ve been sick and have had NO energy for meal planning. We would’ve been eating cereal!
- Each week includes a maximum of 20 ingredients. That’s right. You receive a grocery list of no more than 20 ingredients. This provides you with a budget-friendly grocery list, no matter where you shop.
- The plan only includes 5 dinner recipes. This allows you the flexibility to mix and match them according to your schedule. They are not assigned to days of the week.
- Each recipe is categorized by one of 4 cook times. It will either be a 10 minute recipe, 30 minute recipe, an hour recipe, or slow cooker recipe. You choose according to how much time you have.
- Each recipe includes 3 complete food groups: protein, grain and vegetable. Healthy – without counting calories.
- Each recipe is for 2 servings – aimed at young couples who need a fast dinner option. Families can multiply the ingredients.
- Each week will give you the instructions for 1 Prep Day. By prepping a few ingredients the weekend before, your cook time each day will be drastically shortened.
A few more things…
- Many recipes include substitutions for the kinds of meat used (and many include the option to be meatless).
- Many recipes will show the optional ingredients. You can adjust according to your taste.
- Each week, menu plans will be posted on Thursday, giving you Friday and the weekend for shopping + your Prep Day.
- Each week will be self-contained with full recipes included. You just need to print one page, and use it all week.
- Each week will include multiple time-saving tips – to help you in the long-run!