I’m back! I have had an inkling lately to post again on this blog, and I’m so excited to have some fun things to share. My biggest news is that I recently had a little daughter! We are loving this new stage as parents. I had a great pregnancy and delivery, and am excited to share some of our favorite must-have products for a new baby.
I’m slightly addicted to “must have” videos on YouTube – from pregnancy – to newborn and infant. And, while no two babies are alike, there are a lot of universal necessary items that babies need. For instance, diapers. Haha. I didn’t include a lot of obvious items on this list. But, I’m definitely excited to share the items that I can’t live without.
Please make sure to share this post and comment below with all your favorite baby must have items!
1. Basic White Gerber Burp Cloths – When I registered for my baby, I registered for two packs of pretty burp cloths. But, I quickly found out that I needed multiple packs of thick burp cloths. Who cares if they are pretty? They are just going to get stained. I have since bought upwards of 6 packs of these. If you think 30 burp cloths is too many, then feel free to come do my laundry! So yes, we go through 2-4 cloths a day – and I have a steady supply. These are super thick and are perfect for whatever comes up (literally!).
2. Eucerin Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment – My baby is super adorable, but she doesn’t have a neck. Haha. She has deep rolls between her sweet head and shoulders – which get rubbed red and raw. I try to clean her neck regularly, but worry about how red it gets! So, I found this lotion and apply it daily. It has done wonders! The redness has gone down, and it her neck no longer is rubbed raw. This is also awesome for diaper rash.
3. Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Double Sided 3-in-1 Triangle Play and Pat Activity Mat – This is the one toy my baby loves! From about 1 ½ months, she has loved this mat. It fascinates her! Newborns see and love contrasts – so she will look at this for hours. Its perfect for hanging in her crib, by her changing tables, on her chair, and I can also lay it and prop it on her play mat. If you only get one toy, this is awesome!
4. BRICA Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet – If you are going to travel with a newborn, you might not want to carry a whole Pack N Play with you. This is an inexpensive awesome solution that is perfect to lay on the ground or on a bed. We traveled with her at 3 weeks and she slept in this perfectly. We also love taking this when we go to friends’ houses in town.
5. Gerber Baby 2 Pack Zip Front Sleep ‘N Play – Another thing you go through A LOT with a new baby? Sleepers. Sometimes we go through 3 a night. At first, I thought 4-6 sleepers would be enough. That’s a joke! And, when you need upwards of 10 sleepers, who wants to spend a lot of money? I’ve bought so many of these – and they are perfect! They average about 2 for $10, and are perfect for night and daytime.
6. Carter’s 2-pk. Swaddle Blankets – When I had my baby, the most talked-about swaddling blankets were the Aden and Anais blankets. They are everywhere! I have a pack of those and I do love them. But, I found that they are really hard to swaddle a baby with. They are huge and thin – which means my they just fell off her as soon as I tried to wrap her up. Instead, I randomly bought a pack of these Carter’s blankets and LOVED them! We had them in the hospital, and they easily stayed put on my baby. I have since bought more packs because they are the perfect weight and size. I really recommend these blankets!
7. HALO SleepSack – If you don’t want to swaddle with a blanket, these velcro swaddlers are perfect! They unzip from the bottom up, so you don’t have to completely unzip them to change the diaper. I loved both the newborn and small sizes for those first few months. They are worth every cent!
8. Snoozy 3 Piece Flannel Waterproof Reversible Changing Pad Liners – I have an entire dresser drawer of these. They lay on top of my changing pad, and are easily removed when there is an accident – which happens a LOT. This is another thing I’ve bought TONS of – at least 3 packs. Again, who wants to do laundry every day?
9. WubbaNub Infant Pacifier – I thought this pacifier was kind of a joke – I mean $14 for a pacifier? And then, I started using one and I know why its so perfect. During those first few months, this was perfect to lay on the cradle mattress while in her mouth. It stabilized the paci, and kept it in her mouth. Now, over 3 months, she is able to grab it and put it back in her mouth. Also, its hard to lose. Such a great invention!
10. Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle ‘N Swing – This is the one more expensive item I am including. But, it has truly been a lifesaver. We bought this when she was 3 weeks old, and wish we had bought it sooner. She sleeps in this swing during naps, and usually during the second half of the night. It has prolonged her sleeping by about double. She was taking one hour naps – and then with the swing they grew to 2-3 hours. At night, she will sleep in this for 5-7 hours. I am dreading the day we will wean her off of it :). But, for right now, it is a God-send! (BTW she didn’t love the swing at first. It did take a few days for her to warm up to it. But, now she loves it!) This website about baby sleep is my favorite and strongly advocates using a swing.
Let me know your favorite baby items – I can’t wait to hear what works for you!
My Favorite Work from Home Lifesavers
- 📔 Remember your family's memories with only one minute a day
- 👜 Stay professional with the ultimate mom bag
- 🖍️ Entertain your kids with educational toys that you don't have to figure out
- 👗 Let a professional dress you and stop trying to figure out fashion
- 💸 Scan your grocery receipts for extra cash!