Well, I know I said that I would stick with 4 types of posts on this blog (read my State of the Blog here), but I think I might need to add “Friday Favorites” to that list. I really love favorite things (as you can see here) and at the end of the week sometimes those are the best!
As you know, I started my new job this week and have relished in a week of working from home. It’s glorious, y’all! I just wanted to share a few things that have made working from home awesome – and then ask you for your working from home tips!
(Follow on Instagram here!)
I am starting to think that working from home is a skill. You have to stay disciplined, keep a schedule, not be distracted by the soap operas and bon bons (no really) and find productivity on your own. I still love having an employer through all this so I’m not completely free-falling! Here are some of my favorite things about working from home:
- Obviously, I love having unlimited time to work on my website/blog design business. This has been such a blessing. I am not staying up to 2 am anymore – because I get so much done during the day! Praise the Lord.
- I get to cook at lunch. I got really weary of packing portable lunches – so I have been actually cooking lunches. Yesterday I watched this video of Eva Longoria’s Huevos recipe – and then made it right then and there! (BTW, it was really good!)
- I can surround myself with everything I love. As you can tell from the photo above, I love hot drinks (hot water in the picture – that deserves it’s own post), planners, flowers, candles, pretty music – and come 3pm I pull out all the stops! It’s really the best way to work. Ever.
- I can spend a lot of time on a quality blog post. Yesterday I put so much time into my post Shaping Your Own Eyebrows and never once felt like I was rushing it before work. (PS. If you need tips on eyebrows, check it out!)
- I can exercise during the day. Every day this week I’ve either taken a super long walk or done an exercise video in my living room. I’ve loved the freedom to just do this any time of day I want! (BTW, I am currently looking for a monthly exercise schedule that I can do every day. I really love a plan and workouts that are part of a program. Let me know if you have one you love!)
- Lastly, I love not putting on makeup in the morning. I’m not the biggest fan of a full face and full hair right when I wake up – and I love lounging around and letting my face breathe all morning :). I’ve started freshening up and doing the face in the early afternoon – especially so I can greet my man with a little lipstick and mascara. But, that early morning fresh face is awesome.
I really am interested in hearing all about your “stay at home” tricks! Do you have an ideal time to exercise? Grocery shop? Clean the house? I am planning on scheduling things every week – so PLEASE leave your favorite tips! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts!
Linking up at: Friday Favorites, Oh Hey Friday, and High Five for Friday.