I have mentioned several times that I am in love with all things British. I have recently been on a “I just want tea and crumpets” kick, so I have decided to let you into a few of my British secrets :).
You know you are an Anglophile when…
Trip to Scotland, December 2013
1. I buy Digestives from World Market. Yes, I know they cost about 300% more than if you bought them at Sainsbury’s, but it’s worth it :).
2. I frequent Nameberry for lists of British baby names. (We’ve already established that I am obsessed with baby names…).
3. I read What Kate Wore every day.
4. My formal china is Wedgewood Old Britain Castles. Or, like we call it around my house, just “Castles”.
5. When I was dating my husband and found out he owned Blackadder, I called my British study abroad friend, and she informed me he was “marriagable”.
6. I am obsessed with Hugh Laurie.
7. I have a TIN of Lady Grey tea at my house.
8. I watch A&E’s Miniseries Pride and Prejudice about once a year. (Only $10.99 on Amazon – what?)
9. When we visited Scotland last year, we went down to Lyme Park in the Peak District. If you know P&P at all, you know this is, and forever will be, Pemberly. I was so overwhelmed and tearful that I couldn’t talk for hours, and my brothers thought I was mad at them. I couldn’t even walk up onto the stairs, because they are pretty much sacred.
10. I search for jobs for my husband on the UK site.
11. My house is full of British knick-knacks: little phone booths, maps of the the Tube, and my newest favorite – a Union Jack tea towel.
Study Abroad in Oxford, 2005
12. I just realized that I am wearing Burberry.
13. When we watched The King’s Speech, I was secretly happy when Jennifer Ehle’s character was introduced to Colin Firth’s character: “I believe you two have met…”
14. I am kinda crazy about British shows, actors, and movie locations.
15. Oh, and I have been to the UK three times – and am always planning the next trip!
16. My favorite current giveaway is from Keep Calm and Blog On, and it is a Royal Giveaway – of all things British!
There are so many other things…this is just a little taste :).